Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Potty Training

WE have been working on potty training ever since we got back from Disney World at the end of January. We really didn't push it but just would ask if he had to go and often he would hold it until we asked. Of course there were accidents along the way but he has done SO good. He has progressed from sitting on his froggy potty to standing up on the big potty...yes he has pulled his pants down outside and peed on the grass. I try to encourage him not to do that unless we are at our house with mommy or daddy. I guess when he has to go he has to go but he has gotten better about coming inside when playing to go potty. He has always been good about not pooping his in pullup so he has been doing that for a while which I thought was odd b/c I've heard kids have a harder time with that one. We were really proud and knew he was making great strides when he told the gym daycare worker that he had to go potty!! I was so excited!! I think we might do the big boy undies soon just to see how he does. He won't even pee pee in his shorts when he is playing in the sprinklers or pool. He will whine and say "I don't want to pee pee in my pants" So proud of our lil boy. He is now 2 1/2 and the center of our world. We know that regressions might come after Ethan is born but we are going to continue praise and positive reinforcement.

We had our 26 week appt today for baby Ethan. It was my first time meeting the dr. here in AL. All went great and she is so nice. All checked out great and fluid levels are still where they need to be. We will do another ultrasound on June 10 just to ensure because that is about the time that James started going down was around 32 weeks. We just want a healthy baby boy and we will be the happiest parents in the world!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List