Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ethan 11 1/2 months

On the 15th Ethan got tubes due to chronic ear infections. I was so anxious about my baby going under anethesia even if it was mild.  We drove to Birmingham the night before and stayed in a hotel since we had to be there for 6 a.m. surgery. Of course we made our regular trip to the Cheesecake Factory and indulged that night. I barely slept a wink that night b/c I was so worried. Finally 4:30 rolled around and I got up, showered and got a cup of coffee before waking Ethan. He was wide awake when we got to the hospital and got to play around for a while before falling back asleep on me in the room. The time came for me to walk him down to the operating room where I had to hand my baby off to a nurse. He opened his eyes and looked at me and I thought I was going to start sobbing. I quickly said (another) prayer that God be with the hands working on him and that he not be in in any pain. Honestly 10 minutes later my baby was safely in my arms drinking his juice. We got the ok to leave so off we went. About 5 minutes into the ride I heard him gagging a bit and because it was rush hour work traffic in Birmingham I couldnt' pull over....a few minutes later he vomited in the car which I had planned for b/c of the motion sickness right after surgery. Shawn and James were waiting on us so that he could get bathed before heading home. Ethan did great and slept most of the way home.
It's been almost 2 weeks since the surgery and I swear this is a totally different child. He is happier, more independent and eats like a grown man!! It makes me so sad that his ears were causing such pain for him. Seriously, he LOVES food now and eats more than James. I am so thankful that we have resolved what has been causing such pain for our baby boy!! Now it's time to get ready for 1st Birthday!

1 comment:


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List