Friday, August 3, 2012

Can it be that Ethan is THREE?

Well as of July 30, 2012 we have a three year old little boy. It still doesn't seem like he should be this age and I ask myself where has the time gone. I must say with a second child things seem to go much faster.  Ethan has celebrated each of his three birthdays in three different states (Alabama, Kansas, Tennessee) which is kind of neat. This year since we were close to family we decided to do an impromptu family meal at Rainforest Cafe in Nashville, TN.  All of Shawn's family came as well as my sister and her boyfriend. We were extra blessed with having Bart and Misty with us since they were visiting before heading to their new home in Troy. Although any planning is stressful things went over very well. Ethan chose the theme Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Let me tell ya finding Jake is like finding Waldo...very difficult :). But in the end we pulled it off and he had a wonderful party with his cousins.

Ethan  has learned to right his bike really well over the past couple of months. He knows his alphabet, numbers, and colors very well. He loves to play with his trucks and boats and will line them all up in the hallway. He loves to glue, cut and make pictures. I am so proud of how smart he is and his willingness to try new things. We recently moved him into his race car bed which was bittersweet for me. It truly meant my baby was a big boy...but he reassures me often he will always be my little boy. I refer to him as my little biggie boy :).

Ethan,
I can't believe that you are 3 and that in just a few weeks you will be starting preschool a couple days a week. The first 1 1/2 years I was wondering if we would survive but with God's guidance and your daddy's patience we did :). You were just testing me :)You are talking so much now and crack us up with your facial expressions and one liners. You are quite spunky and tackle your big brother like you are 10 feet tall. I love how just randomly you will say "mommy I just love you". It melts my heart like no other. You are such a caring, brave boy who has adapted to moving well. Anytime you are faced with a new place or challenge you look at me and say "I brave boy mommy", kiss me and then go in without hesitation. I am so proud of you.  You have completed us as a family and are the missing piece that our family lacked. I know that the future holds great things for you and that you will chase your dreams. I will be your biggest cheerleader while you do so. I pray that you find and accept Jesus and live your life in a way that is pleasing to Him. I pray that you treat people from all backgrounds with respect and kindness. I love you baby boy and am so blessed to be your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List