Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kernals and Coffee


Whew! The past few days have had James in RARE form. James is normally a very active but sweet boy. He loves to be on the go but is genuinely sweet most of the time. Well he got sick last Thursday with the crud and was put on meds but he just refused to rest so he was ill as a hornet. Then on Monday night I was awaken by James at 2:30 a.m. saying his ear hurt. I gave him Motrin thinking he was just milking it wanting in our bed. WEll at 5:30 a.m. he again rolled into our room complaining so I laid with him and noticed his ear draining (he has tubes) so I knew it was infected. So on Tuesday we were off to the doctor again... Dr. Melvin looked in James ears and gave the confirmation that they are BOTH severely infected and prescribed 2 more meds on top of what he is already on. James has been so unruly, defiant, mean, unlistening and other qualities that are so UNLIKE him. Tuesday night he literally was on the top of his bed climbing the walls!! I keep asking whoever took my sweet boy to please return him because i miss him. Well on Wednesday morning I went to spin class as normal and Shawn would take James to school. The one time I leave my phone in the car go figure something would happen. I get several texts and calls from Shawn saying that i needed to call ASAP b/c James put a POPCORN KERNAL up his nose!!! Of course I went into panic mode thinking what if he inhales it so far up that it hits his brain and gets lodged or what if we can't get it out and it gets infected!! So I called the doctor and they said to bring him in. So I get home and make James blow his nose until it comes out...luckily it came out fairly easy. Then I took at a look at his coffee ground concoction and just throw out the vaporizer telling James we'll use his money to buy another one...yes he has an account thanks to $$ for Holidays.
Oh it gets better, he also climbed up on the counter and got some coffee grinds and poured in his vaporizer. So I finally get a hold of Shawn and to top things off Shawn has yet again ran out of gas...he refuses to get his gas gauge fixed!!


After many blows the culprit made its exit!!

I know that I will look back and laugh but on days like this I am so thankful to have the "normal" James over this demon child :). I am just praying for patience and understanding until these meds get out of his system!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List