Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall Fun


This year we took James and Ethan to Tate Farms in Meridianville, AL. We met Shawn's sister (Chresta) and her family there. James was so excited when we got there. There is so much to do and he is at that age where everything is exciting and he is full of life! I LOVE IT! The last time we went was when he was 11 months old and barely toddling. Shawn was deployed but I was in AL for James birthday and met his family there. It is so amazing to look at the amount he has grown in these past 2 years! We were thrilled Shawn was there this year to enjoy the fun. He carried Ethan in the Baby Bjorn. It was so cold and windy but Ethan was toasty warm against daddy :). James was excited to spend time with Delaine and Avery. They play so well together despite the age gap. They are such sweet girls! James got to climb tires, swing, slide, play in corn crib, hold a bunny, feed a goat and take a hayride to find the perfect pumpkin. I had to take Ethan to the car to feed him so I missed the hayride :( but Shawn and James came back with a whopping 25 lb pumpkin. It was a day filled with fun. After the Pumpkin Patch we drove to Shawn's mothers house for the Alabama Game. James got a lot of cousin playing time which was good. I can so tell I am a transplant during these games because everyone is on edge watching the game and I'm oblivious :)..kinda funny.

Then the following Tuesday we attended a Fall Festival at my mother's school. It was a bunch of games for the kids and James LOVED it. His favorite was the bean bag toss. He also enjoyed dancing in the disco room. Shawn stayed home with Ethan so James and I could have our mother son time b/c it is so rare that we get alone time.


Then Halloween rolled on us. James was Buzz Light Year and Ethan was a Tiger. My initial costumes were Pooh and Tigger but James insisted on Buzz and I didn't want to spend a lot on Ethan's costume so I just got a cheapy from Wal Mart. I have to say they were the cutest trick or treaters out that night! We first went to my mom's house for her treats and to see the cousins. James REALLY got into it and would run back from each house saying "we gotta do this again" and would ride on the stroller until we hit the next house. We walked around the circle in our neighborhood and we were done. No need to overdo it on candy! It's the experience that counts. Then we came home and poured out the loot! He got some good stuff...too good b/c mommy LOVES chocolate but chocolate doesn't love mommy's waistline :). James is such a sweet kid. He took a couple pieces and let me put it up with no tantrums! Each day he gets 1-2 pieces as treats. I love that kid!! Hard to believe he will be 3 next week!

Now time for Thanksgiving and Christmas!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna put our tree up soon I want it up before we go to Polar Express at end of November. I love Christmas time and the magic in the air for kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List