Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ethan's 2 month

Ethan had his two month check up last Thursday. He weighed 11 lbs even and was 23 inches long. He is a light weight compared to James at that age. I think his reflux has a lot to do with it. I told the dr. that he wasn't eating like I thought because he woudl cry after about 4 minutes on each side. After the dr. inspected his mouth he noticed that his tounge is like James, the frenulum(SP) is right at the end which doesn't allow for much movement. He said that might be causing him to get frustrated b/c he can't latch on correctly. He recommended having it snipped so I am waiting for an appt. Initially I wasn't going to do it b/c I didn't with James and everyone knows he talks just fine but it was the feeding that lured me into considering it. Ethan wakes so often b/c he just can't eat a lot w/o getting frustrated or upset b/c of it. So we'llsee.

James also had a dr. appt for his recurring ear infection...well he still has one after about 6 weeks of it!! He is being referred to ENT as well to see why it isn't clearing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List