Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ready to Move it!!

Whew I am the most impatient person in the world!! Shawn finished CPT Career Course the 20th and I am so ready to move to AL.....or at least get where we are going. Moving to AL comes with many mixed emotions...good and bad so we'll see. We'll be there for 2 years so I hope all goes smoothly. The biggest thing is that we enjoy family time with our families but we also enjoy starting our own traditions with just our lil' family. We know that we will be away from them most of the time in this Army Career so we have to make our own. I went home last weekend for 4 1/2 days searching for a home. NOTHING....I found one in Florence that was what we wanted but a little higher than we wanted. We probably are going to end up getting it just b/c rentals are scarce especially for a nice area and home. If we pass it up then we might not find another one. It's a nice home in a nice neighborhood not far from James MMO and UNA. It's really close to an awesome park and running trail in Florence so that is exciting. I am just anxious to get to packing, moving and setting things up before baby comes. The Army is SO SLOW about anything but deployments it seems! I guess we'll start packing next week while James is at MMO and just line boxes in the garage. Shawn decided to move us so he can get paid and put the money towards the Tahoe to pay it off. One less car payment will definitely help. But moving is STRESSful enough w/o trying ot do it yourself. So we'll see.

Oh did I mention we are about 99% sure our house is sold. :) God has answered 2 huge prayers for us which I am very thankful for! I definitely was down in the dumps for a while wondering WHY WHY WHY WHEN WHEN WHEN! :) The guy is doing somewhat like a lease to buy. He has to rent for 6 months and then will purchase. All the paperwork is signed,money put towards it, etc. Our realtor went above and beyond to ensure he will qualify for a loan. She is awesome. So no double or triple payments for us in April!! YEAH!!! We really sold the house fairly cheap but we just didn't want to be tied down to it. I miss my lil' house on the hill. So many memories there for sure. But we have learned memories are made wherever we go.

James has been so sick with bronchitus and it is pitiful. He has thrown up several times, coughs to the point of no breath and shakes. It is the most pitiful thing. I worry when we go back for check up if things are better they might put him in hospital :(. They didn't say that but just scares me. He couldnt' handle augmentin and I'm not sure the Z-pack is working like it should. It sucks to feel so helpless over your little one. He's still as smart as a whip and it doesn't get him down. The other day I went to talk to him because he was doing something he shouldn't. So i bend down to talk to him and he looks at me, tilts his head and said "Hi Cutie"!! AWWW...Shawn had to turn his head to keep from laughing!! Such the manipulater :). i'll just be glad when we can sleep again w/o waking up coughing and vomiting. He's a trooper though.

Monday is our 7 year anniversary! I can't believe it. Sadly I think we've only spent maybe 4 of them in the same state. Some of our great friends in GA are watching James so we can have a few hours of kid free dinner or movie. James loves them so he will be thrilled. Today at Shawn's graduation he kept asking "Where's Bark (AKA Bart)?" He said "I love him, I hug him today" Sure enough Misty walked in and he ran up and gave her a big hug!! Then was Bart's turn. He so badly wanted to fish with Bart and Daddy today but his health just wasn't up to the coolness and wind today on the water. That's all he ever asks about is fishing with them. :(

Also on Monday we are paying to have a 3d ultrasound to find out the gender of our baby. Shawn felt the baby kick for the first time Tuesday!! Makes it feel so real!. i couldn't wait 3 more weeks!! Killing me to know!! I feel it is a boy but Shawn swears it is a girl. I think either way as long as it is healthy we will be content. Of course since we have our strapping young man we both would love a healthy girl but only God knows what is in store for us and has already determined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List