Monday, April 20, 2009

So Long Georgia!

Tonight is James and my last night in our home in Georgia. These past 8 months have FLOWN by and I can't believe it is time to move again. Shawn has decided to move us because he hopes the DITY pay will pay off the Tahoe. I hope so b/c that money each month will be great for other bills or savings :). It is just so aggrevating b/c our house is complete chaos and I don't handle it well. Needless to say Shawn is getting brunt of it....:(.

Shawn took James tonight to say goodbye to "his" friends, Bart and Misty. James played with Major (their lab) and was worn out when he got home. James has grown really close to them and it made me so sad when I talked to him in the car. James ALWAYS asks about Bart. I guess Bart took him to his car seat and Shawn said when Bart shut the door and went back towards the house that James just began sobbing crying for Bart. Oh I cried for James too. I look at this life we live as Army and this is the first move where James was old enough to know people and understand that we probably won't see them again for a very long time. He was so sad. I think that I can handle these moves easier than my son will be able to. Any parent knows that you would so take any hurt or pain from your child and take it on yourself just to not see them hurt. He is so tender hearted and loves people. I just hope it doesn't affect him long run having ot say bye to so many people over the years. I also think of the next deployment we'll face and it tears me up. James loves his daddy and anytime he's not here he ask where his daddy is. I can't imagine how he will feel when daddy is gone for 12-15 months. I just pray I have the strength to be mommy/daddy when that time comes to two little boys. But for now we are going to enjoy our family time together and do asmuch as we can while daddy is home to make those memories that will be etched in our memories forever.

Next Stop...Bama Bound!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List