Tuesday, January 20, 2009

DisneyWorld


We went down to Disneyworld the 15-19 of January. It was AMAZING. Yes I am almost 29 and this is my first trip there so I was excited as well as having James to see the magic thru his eyes.

First let me say that Shawn is amazing. If it wasn't for him I would have completely melted down and jsut given up. James was very difficult because of his age he didn't understand waiting and that he had to get off. So many fits and fussing....I was so embarassed but Shawn kept up with him and took care of him for most part. The weirdest thing is that I felt we got looks as if there kids weren't 2 at one time and didn't do the same thing. It was just a good deal and we didn't want to pass it up b/c regardless where we are next year we won't be as close as we are now.

We started our day Friday at Epcot...HUGE mistake!! There just wasn't a lot to do for children his age. We rode the Nemo Ride and he was terrified after a fish jumped out at him. So we walked around and looked but decided to head over to Magic Kingdom. Much more James speed. We rode Dumbo, Tea Cups, watched Country Bears Show, went to Mickey's Toon Town and watched the Fireworks display at the Castle. It was about a 10 hour day the first day of taking in the scenes.



On Saturday we went to Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood (MGM). We took a Safari ride and saw live animals such as elephants, giraffes, tigers, etc in their own habitat. James LOVED it. Then we saw Nemo the Musical Live and it was great. At MGM we saw a stunt show with live cars and James was fascinated. We also got there right in time for the block party which James loved b/c he could "break it down" as he would say!! He learned the YMCA and was so cute! He also got to meet Lightning McQueen and Mater from his favorite movie CARS. We also met Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story. Shawn rode Buzzlightyear with James while I took a break....the pregnancy wears me down I think. We also took a safari boatride in Adventure Land which was neat. James and Shawn went up into a treehouse to look around. Shawn rode Tower of Terrors but thankfully I was unable :).

On Sunday we went back to Magic Kingdom. We rode Winnie the Pooh Ride and Peter Pan. James enjoyed them and said he was flying during Peter Pan. James saw Splash Mountain and wanted to ride it but it was too chilly!! Thankfully. We saw the Dreams Come True Parade with Mickey and Friends which was neat. James again enjoyed this. He was captivated by the shows, parades and musicals. James and I left around 5:30 this day b/c he was exhausted. Shawn stayed with Bart and Misty and rode big kid rides. James was racked out before we left the parking lot! He hung in there like a champ.

On our last day there we ate at Crystal Palace which was AWESOME!!! GOOD FOOD!! Winnie the Pooh and Friends come around to the tables and meet with each family for pics. James did great and hugged them all. That was my favorite part I think. Then we rode It's a Small World and went to Mickey's Toon Town so he could play on playground. His final ride was Goofy's Barnstormer which was a roller coaster....after that he was ready to go. So we boarded the monorail and went to our car for the LONG trip home. James slept for 3 hours in the car and might have slept longer but I woke him up when we stopped for gas.




I am sure there is so much I am leaving out!! A lot to cram into 4 days but it was SO worth it and the cost was GREAT!!! Great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List