Saturday, November 22, 2008

James is Two!!


We celebrated James 2nd birthday in Alabama with our families. We had his birthday at Spring Park in Tuscumbia. His theme was Thomas the Train. All he kept saying up until his birthday was he wanted a choo choo cake! SO CUTE!. The weather cooperated thankfully...a bit chilly but nothing horrible. James and his cousins rode the roller coaster, train and carousel. I think everyone enjoyed it. It was nice to have Shawn home this year too to share in the excitement. James got a lot of nice gifts and he is playing with each one!!


It amazes me how fast he has grown. It seems like just yesterday I was holding him and rocking him. Today he sat with me in the rocker just wanting to be held and I remember when he used to couldn't sleep w/o me rocking him to sleep. Now he just drifts off to sleep, car in hand :). :( My little boy is growing up and I want to freeze time. He has the sweetest personality and is SO smart. The dr. said that he is advanced for his age which makes me feel great...although I swear the kid has ADD with all the energy he has.



Lately we take our evening walk to see the ducks at the pond down the road. He loves it and although it is cold we bundle up and get to moving. It is nice to be able to enjoy simple things with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List