Sunday, November 11, 2012

Birthday and Baptism

Well I still can't believe my baby is 6 years old. I can honestly say that the day he was born was the greatest day of my life. He was such a good baby. So happy, so chubby and so cute!! He helped me stay strong while Shawn was gone for 15 months and being alone. I loved watching him grow and change each day. James has always been much more mature and wiser than most kids his age (I attribute this to the 15 months alone with him and making him talk and listen to me lol). He says the funniest things and has the best sense of humor. His innocence and kind heart makes my heart swell with pride. He always treats people with respect and kindness regardless their situation. He is the boy that makes you proud to be his mom. James began Kindergarten this year and I worried about him so much that his sweet spirit and outgoing personality would suffer but it has just increased. He is loved by all and was even voted class president of his Kindergarten class :).

I remember the day so well that he was born. We both were scared because I had to be induced because amniotic fluids were low. We were told to be at the hospital no later than 6 p.m. so they could get me going. Of course since I knew I couldn't eat for a while a trip to Burger King was on the top list of must do's.  Then the fun began...although the overall experience was not the best we ended up with a healthy baby boy weighing 6 lbs 5 oz. I never knew how much you could love something so small and do anything for him to make sure he was happy. I learned I am a timid person until it involves my child then you better look out because mama bear will come out.

James you have made us so proud in so many ways but this year will always stand in our minds.  On October 14th you started asking about baptism and wanting to be saved.  Daddy had a lengthy conversation with you to make sure you knew what you were asking. After talking he decided you knew EXACTLY what you were asking and what you wanted to do. At that moment you asked Jesus into your heart and became a Christian. The next step was the outward profession to be baptized.  You were baptized on November 11, 2012 at Spring Creek Baptist Church in Clarksville, TN. I am so proud that no words can express how happy I am to be your mother and know we have eternity to spend our life together. Family came to share this day with us which was extra special.




James I love you more than you will ever understand until one day you have children of your own....in 30 years of course :). You bring so much happiness and joy to my life. I am so thankful God chose me to be your mom!! I am so blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List