Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008







Wow!! What an exciting and fun filled Christmas we had this year. James just turned 2 and was all into presents this year!! He got the knack of tearing open paper to see what it revealed underneath. :). he just didn't understand not all presents were for him.

We ended up making a quick visit to AL to visit family before heading back to GA. We did Christmas in Huntsville with Shawn's family and then headed to the Shoals to do it with my family. It was VERY tiresome and probably not something we will try again but visiting family was nice. Shawn and I actually got a few hours alone and it was SO nice!!! Just to eat a dinner where I didn't feel like I had to woof it down before my son got irrate. James got some great gifts from the family.





Then on Christmas Eve morning we headed back to GA. My sister, Andrea, came back withus to do Christmas with James. She adores James so it was nice. James put out cookies and milk for Santa Claus and then headed to bed. He was out like a light by 9:30. Santa came and placed his train table under the tree. On Christmas Day James woke up and was so excited tos ee that Santa ate his cookies and drank his milk!! Then off to open more presents. He didn't notice the train table until the very end...how he missed it I am not sure :). But he LOVED it. Shawn and I exchanged gifts after and I think we both were thrilled with what we each got. I think the biggest present was being together this year as a family. Hard to believe that we will be a family of 4 this time next year.



Then after James naptime we went to our good friends home, Misty and Bart for a fondue dinner. We weren't quite sure what we were in for but it was AWESOME. Well the little I got to eat b/c james had his normal meltdown and acted up. Definitely something Shawn and I want to do again. YUMMY. Misty and Bart are such wonderful hostess and we are blessed to have met them while here in GA. It made the night go by so fast due to the great company.




This was a great year filled with many memories. From Shawn returning safely home, to moving to GA, to the Holidays, and finding out we are expecting our other blessing in August. I just pray for sanity and patience for this 2nd child. I love being a mommy more than anything but it is definitely the hardest job ever! We know that 2009 has many more wonderful memories to add to our collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Shawn and I have been married almost 10 years. We married right before he commissioned out of college so we have gone thru military life together. Not always easy but makes you appreciate the time together. We have one son, James, who was born in Nov. 2006. Ethan was born July 2009 That's it for us! Two is a good number.

Followers

My Blog List